Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Five Hour Walk Around Town

Last Tuesday, I was a little bored. So I decided to head down to Orchard to look for a book at Borders and Kino, and to walk around a little. So I did that.

But after that, instead of heading home, I decided to walk around and maybe take some photos, since I had my camera with me (Which is almost always, actually).

I ended up walking around town for a total of 5 hours (+/- a few minutes), with a few photos to go along (not a lot though)...

Stage 1 - Orchard MRT - Somerset MRT - Dhoby Ghaut MRT

Instead of taking the MRT down to town, I decided to walk there. Ion Orchard looks almost ready, and Orchard Central is already partly open. And they both look really massive...

No pictures from this stage, as I didn't feel like attempting street photography (Which I'm totally lousy at, anyway).

Stage 2 - Raffles City, War Memorial Park, Esplanade Park

From Dhoby Ghaut, I walked to Raffles City,






















(A dark and gloomy edit...)

then to the War Memorial Park.






















(Couldn't decide which version looked nicer...)

From there, I went past Suntec, to Esplanade Park.






















(A random "Self-portrait" while walking there - I'm not good at this...)

Then to the Singapore River.

Stage 3 - Along the Singapore River

Walked along the Singapore River opposite Boat Quay,






















(Skyscrapers by the River)














(Panorama attempt... Not well done.)


...and ended up at Central.















Stage 4 - Fort Canning Hill

I headed up Fort Canning Hill via the entrance to the right of MICA, reaching the top not far from the old Lighthouse :






















From there, I crossed most of the hill, finally passing by the Fort Gate,






















...before heading down the other end of the hill and back to Douby Ghaut MRT, from where I headed home.

No comments: