Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fireworks!

Having seen many beautiful photos of fireworks, I have always wanted to shoot fireworks myself. Before I had my DSLR, I have tried once or twice, but never really achieving much.

On Saturday, together with fellow CSers, I went to shoot the closing event for the Singapore Arts Festival 09, Crackers!.

It was my first proper attempt at shooting fireworks, so I was suitably anxious. I didn't have a remote, but a friend lent me hers (It was a spare). In the end the remote didn't work well, so I used the timer instead.

Here are my photos from that evening (In no specific order of appearance) :

#1 - Burst of Light














#2 - Extravaganza













#3 - Blues and Greens I






















#4 - Celebrations






















#5 - Two Sides











#6 - Blues and Greens II






















#7 - Feathers













#8 - Rainbow Lights













#9 - Rings of Fire












#10 - Pyrotechnic Arcs












#11 - Red Sprinkles













#12 - Final Bursts













Overall, it was a great expierence. Although I do wish I could have shot better, I am satisfied with most of the results I got (It's just my first time after all).

Many thanks to Xhui and Ryan for their help and teaching, without which I might not have managed as well as I did :)

Can't wait to shoot more fireworks!

No comments: