Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Skies of Dust

When I woke up early this morning, I found my room bathed in a strange orange glow. Curious, I went to look out the windows of the apartment and this is what I saw:




































The entire place was shrouded in orange, and the buildings that were further out could not be seen at all. The wind outside was also really strong (It was literally howling). Later on, I found out that the city (and surrounding regions) had been covered in what I would like to term a 'dust storm'.

See here for a news article on it.

By afternoon though, the skies had cleared, and my favourite blue skies were back. Many of the vehicles on the roads however, were covered in a thin layer of the red dust (To think of all the cleaning the owners have to do).

Such an interesting day (with regards to the weather, that is).

No comments: